Filmfestivals.com + fest21.com merger
Enjoy here the best of both worlds: Portal with Film & Fest News and Social network for the festival community.
Since 1995 we connect films to festivals and document the world of festivals worldwide.
We offer the most comprehensive festival directory of 6 000 festivals, browse festival blogs, film blogs... and promote yourself for free.
There are currently
0 users and 199 guests online.
A Place Without People
Original Title (If different):
Other languages or subtitles:
Running time (In minutes):
A film about how the local population of Tanzania has been evicted to make way for the creation of the world’s most famous nature reserves.
Set in the famous Serengeti and the Ngorongoro crater, the film explores how the parks came to be and how western perceptions about nature radically altered both the East African landscape and society.
The film focuses on the people who "shouldn't be there", not only because their voices are rarely heard but also because they are still being antagonised and excluded, while the tourist industry is rapidly depleting the area's natural resources.
Between $100 000 and $10 000
Video master available ?:
Festival Selection, Awards...
Festival selection, awards or citation already received and other comments... :
Already selected in a Festival?:
● Thessaloniki Doc Festival (March 2010)
● One World Human Rights Film Festival, Prague (March 2010)
● Docudays, Internationa; Human Rights Film Festival, Kyiv (April 2010)
● Green Film Festival in Seoul (May 2010)
● Planete Doc Review, Poland (May 2010)
● ETHNOCINECA, Ethnographical and Documentary Filmfest Vienna (May 2010)
● CinemAmbiente Environmental Film Festival, Torino (June 2010)
● Ischia Film Festival (July 2010)
● Encounters South African Documentary Festival (August 2010)
Green Film Festival in Seoul (May 2010)/ Jury Award
films transit/ http://www.filmstransit.com/
252 Gouin Boulevard East
Montréal, Québec, Canada H3L 1A8
5 Stisihorou St. Athens, 10674, Greece