The Cultural Association "Il Sogno di Ulisse" announces the fourth edition of Visioni Corte Film Festival (short visions), the International Festival of the Independent Short Film, which will be held in the month of October 2014 in the magnificent setting of the ancient Castle of Minturno (LT). The official dates of the Festival, which will last five days, will be published at the deadline of the competition, in June 30th, 2015, along with the program, on our website www.visionicorte.it
1. GENERAL TERMS
1.1 Competitive Categories
Everybody can take part to the competition in one of the 5 (five) categories of the Festival. We want to offer to the independent professionals and not only, regardless of the budget, the opportunity to be engaged in an homogeneous competition, which allows also the Technical Jury to provide more easily a fairer judgment of the works. The categories will be:
• CortoFiction International: it’s about any topic and genre. Ranging from drama to comedy, thriller, etc.. The stories can be invented or adapted or inspired by true events. Just for foreign films;
· CortoFiction Italy: it’s about any topic and genre. Ranging from drama to comedy, thriller, etc. The stories can be invented or adapted or inspired by true events. Just for italian films;
• CortoMusic: aimed at video and video art. It regards music videos for singers or rising bands, or video documentaries accompanied by original music;
• CortoDoc: aimed at documentaries or reportage of any sort;
· CortoAnimation: aimed to any story of animation of any genre and realized in any technical way, also stop-motion. The topic is free.
1.2 Special Prizes
There will be 5 (five) special awards regarding all the films of CortoFiction (Italy and International):
• Best Screenplay
• Best Photography
• Best actor in lead role
• Best actress in lead role
All works submitted will be preselected by the Artistic Direction and a special commission. Exceeding the pre-selection the participants will be admitted to the grand finale. Filling out the entry form, participants must indicate which category they intend to enter his short film. The Selection Committee can change any sides in a different category, in order to ensure homogeneity within them. Participants can stay informed about the selection of short films by visiting www.visionicorte.it where, as soon as possible, the program of the event will be published with official dates and the place where the screenings of the short films will take place. The Cultural Association "Il Sogno di Ulisse" reserves the right at its discretion to project the works that have not passed the pre-selection. These works, which will not be part of the competition, will therefore be considered "out of competition".
1.3 Methods of selection of short films
The Commission will select an adequate number of short films for each of the categories provided. The Artistic Director's final decisions are irrevocable.
There will be a Technical Jury (composed of scholars, people experts and professionals at the field of audio-visual making) that will choose only 1 (one) winner film for each category. During the prizegiving the Jury will express the reasons which led to award the winner and they will be read in public.
The decisions expressed by the jury is final and irrevocable.
The Technical Jury award for each category in the competition will be a prize just to the first placed. The five special awards, consisting of a plate, will be assigned by the technical jury, too. The Cultural Association "Il Sogno di Ulisse", as its discretion, reserves the right to give a special prize to the most original idea of any short film in competition with a low budget.
If the winners were not able to attend to the award ceremony, the prize will be sent by charged to the recipient.
3. TECHNICAL ASPECTS
3.1 How to participate
It is possible to participate by mail or online platform. Participation in the competition is under a registration fee. The fee is 5,00 euro (five) to pay choosing between (only using mail):
· by Bank Transfer to: Associazione Culturale “Il Sogno di Ulisse”
· by Postal to: Associazione Culturale “Il Sogno di Ulisse”
C.C.P. n° 1008154534.
(Please, write in the reason for payment “Visioni Corte Film Festival 2015 admission fee”).
People who send all the material via paper mail must send us also the copy of charge slip.
• To take part in the competition all those concerned should send all the necessary material (see 3.5) to the address specified in section 3.6;
• Each author is responsible for the content of their work (see also 3.9);
• Each author may submit just one (1) single work, otherwise pain of exclusion, indicating the category which he intends to enter the competition;
• Participants will be responsible for delivery charges of all necessary materials, which in any case will not be returned;
• Each participant must be sure that he has complied with every request made by the Regulation, under penalty of exclusion;
• Participation in the competition provides for the acceptance of these rules.
2.3 Works admitted to the competition
Works made in Italy or abroad since January 1, 2014 can participate in the selection. Foreign works, in order to be admitted, must be imperatively subtitled in Italian.
3.3 Required support
Works, in any way they have been taken and / or carried out, must be submitted for the contest in digital format, on CD and DVD, in high resolution (suitable for the screen in 6x4 meters) or file in mp4 format to upload on one of the following platforms: clickforfestivals.com, filmfreeway.com or festhome.com. Anyway, the signed entry form must be sent to our email address email@example.com, specifying the title of the short movie and the platform you uploaded it.
All short films can’t be longer than time limit of 20 minutes (including opening and closing credits).
3.5 Required Materials
To be admitted to the pre-selection you need imperatively: Per i film stranieri: Lista dialoghi (in inglese o spagnolo) con minutaggio preciso di inizio e fine per ogni singola battuta
• 1 copy of the video in digital format DVD Video (.vob) (only using mail);
• 1 copy of the video on CD/DVD-Rom (in one of these file format: Avi, Mpeg, Mp4, Mov) (only using mail);
• 1 entry form (you can download it from www.visionicorte.it), entirely completed in block capitals or using pc, signed and attached to the video or via email;
• For foreign movies: the dialogue list in english or spanish with precise timing (the beginning and the end of each cue);
• at least 3 representative photo of the short film (in jpeg format, no printed one), in horizontal level A4 (at least 300 dpi) which must be sent to the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org or attached to the package on CD/DVD-ROM.
The lack of one of the items of the list will not allow the access to pre-selection. It’s welcome but optional a personal file about information of the director and a poster of the film.
3.6 Deadline to send materials
All material must be strictly send no later than June 30th, 2015 (as confirmed by the postmark) to the following address:
Visioni Corte Film Festival
Associazione Culturale "Il Sogno di Ulisse"
c/o Gisella Calabrese - Via Luigi Cadorna 147
04026 Minturno (LT)
The Cultural Association "Il Sogno di Ulisse" is not responsible for damaged packages and / or received in late, or of any theft or loss. Each author is personally responsible for the content of their work.
3.8 Patent right
The participation of a short film in this competition imply that the Cultural Association "Il Sogno di Ulisse" has the free rights of the work (non-exclusive), for purposes related to the event, subject to authorization by the appropriate space on the entry form. The organization will have all the rights of use, with no time limit, of duplication and distribution of the products received, which will still be used in a non-profit cultural and propaganda activities of the own event. The copies of the participant short films will not be returned, but they will be collected in the archives of the audiovisual section of the Cultural Association "Il Sogno di Ulisse".
The Cultural Association "Il Sogno di Ulisse" refuses all responsibility due to the reproduction of short films containing material covered by copyright for which the participants have not regularized the situation with the SIAE.
In controversial cases and for all matters not expressly provided in this announcement the final judgment is up to the Cultural Association "Il Sogno di Ulisse".
INFO & CONTACTS
For further information visit our website: www.visionicorte.it
Or send an e-mail to: email@example.com
If you have further questions please contact:
Dott.ssa Gisella Calabrese: + 39 347 4615 269
Dott. Giuseppe Mallozzi: + 39 340 2753 738