Blue Magpie Experimental Film Series/Taiwan
CALL FOR ENTRIES
The Film Center at NCTU seeks experiment film and video for its fall international film series.
Requirements for entries
A work, or series of related works should be able to be screened in continuous playback, totaling between 15 and 50 minutes in duration (longer works may also be screened, but our series is designed to showcase as many contemporary artists as possible).
· Filmmakers and experimental multimedia artists (presentable in a theatrical format) are invited to introduce their works in Hsinchu, but it is not requisite.
· Where dialogue is essential to understanding a film, subtitles in English (and, if possible, traditional Chinese characters) should be provided. We are interested in works from around the world.
· We are seeking contemporary works in our call for entries (works produced in roughly the last six years, 2011-2017).
· Venue: Wednesday afternoons and evenings from September through December 2017 at the Film Center at National Chiao Tung University, Hsinchu, Taiwan. DCP format welcome (not required).
We are open to all types of experimental cinematic works and are especially interested in films that include such elements as:
· Original experimental music and sound FX producing innovative mise-en-scène and lyrical/narrative possibilities
· Exploration of posthuman themes—including interspecies issues as well as prosthetics and robotics
· Multimedia editing sources/processes—for instance, mixing analog/digital, surveillance/archival footage, interactive, various cut techniques and uses of transitions, layers and montage
Please send applications and links to works to Dr. Dean Brink, Director, Film Studies Center (firstname.lastname@example.org).
· In the subject line, please include: "2017 Film Series Submission: [Your last name], [Title of work(s), running time(s)], [total running time]”
· A brief (maximum 200 words) description of each work
· A brief biography (maximum 200 words) of artist(s)
· Contact information: include email and postal address
· 2 still images from each film submitted
· For each film submitted, include:
o Original title
o English title
o Country of production
o Year of production (2011-2017)
o Running time
o Premiere (world/Asian/Taiwan)
o Link and password
§ Links for previewing works online (Vimeo, YouTube, etc.) are preferred.
Applications may alternatively be mailed, with a preview DVD, to:
Dr. Dean Brink
Dept. of Foreign Languages & Literatures
National Chiao Tung University
1001 University Road
Hsinchu City, Taiwan 30010
(Materials cannot be returned.)
· Deadline for submissions: July 31, 2017.
· There is no entry fee.