2010 Roma Independent Film Festival RIFF AWARDS July 29 - 31, 2010
The Roma Independent Film Festival (RIFF) is Rome 's first independent and international film festival. Its aim is to unite enthusiasm for films and filmmaking among young filmmakers with the realities of film production and distribution. The main aims of the Association are:
- To create better international distribution opportunities for independent films excluded from the major distributors
- To create a lively and mutually beneficial point of contact between new or underrepresented European filmmakers and established industry professionals.
- To provide a platform for young people with a passion for filmmaking; to inspire and help them communicate issues effectively; and stimulate discussion among audience members and fellow filmmakers alike.
RIFF is a seven-day celebration of new European and international independent films. As well as offering the chance for young filmmakers to present their work to the general public at film screenings, RIFF offers a series of special events designed to stimulate enthusiasm and create discussion: retrospectives, seminars and workshops on various aspects of cinema, as well as exhibitions, collaborations with theatre, dance, fashion, and music concerts. In order to encourage and assist filmmakers in their endeavours, the festival concludes with an awards ceremony, The RIFF Awards, which awards prizes of either monetary value or money in-kind. The winning films, in a number of categories, are chosen by an international jury of experts from various fields within the film industry.
CALL FOR ENTRY
Rules and regulations
Submission Deadline is December 15, 2009.
New Frontiers (first feature film)
Short films (separate prize for best Italian short film, and best foreign short)
Made in Short (running time must be no more then 3 minutes)
Up to 100 films will be selected as finalists in the Riff Awards competition. The winners ill be chosen by a jury of entertainment industry professionals, and announced at the Gala Ceremony
BEST FEATURE FILM:
Distribution Award - to increase the distribution of independent cinematography, the winner film will be programme for one week at Nuovo Cinema Aquila.
Best Independent Feature Films - A competition of 6 Independent Feature Films from around the World. The jury shall attribute an award to the best one amongst the competing features.
Prize: Forum Village Studios.
NEW VISION AWARD - the award New Visions 2008 , has usual will be assigned to creative undertaking independent cinema. In the previous editions, the new vision have been granted to Alessandro Valori, Denis Chouinard, Sara Johnsen, Pete Travis, Valeria Golino, Gabriele Muccino and Paolo Sorrentino.
BEST DOCUMENTARY - post production development offered by Magui Studio.
Best Italian Short - € 2.500 Cash. Prize: Kodak Prize negative film stock 16mm/35mm (value 1.500 € Euro)and 1.000 € Euro cash or equivalent in technical materials; Italian distribution contract offered by Istituto Luce .
Best Foreign Short - subtitle in two languages sponsored by Raggio Verde srl (subtitling services). 1.500 € Euro equivalent in technical materials
Best Digital Short - 1.500 € Euro equivalent in technical materials sponsored by Panalight .
Best Animated Short - Augustus Color Award. Prize: film development assistance (value 1.500 € Euro )
- Screenplay Award - to best feature length script.
- Short Screenplay Award - D1 Prize . The RIFF will select one project and will assist in its realization from development to post production. Made possible by D1 .
- Best Subject - the prize given by Unione Italiana del Lavoro will offer a course in screenwriting taught by Morando Morandini jr.
ENTRY FORM RIFF Awards 2010 Apply online
• Application Fee:
- Short Films & Documentaries (30 seconds to 72 minutes): Euro 10
- Feature Films (72 minutes and above): Euro 35
- Screenplay: Euro 35
- Submission Fee is 10 Euro for all Students
Personal Check only European, Secure Credit Card Payment (CLICK HERE) or Money Transfer (use account information below):
Unicredit Banca di Roma - Roma 208- ABI: 3002 - CAB: 5016 - CIN: R - CC n. 400829626 SWIFT (BIC) : BROMITR 1208 - IBAN : IT12R0300205016000400829626 - pay to the order of roma independent film festival (RIFF)
Please mail your DVD with English or Italian subtitles (if not already an English language film), the appropriate application fee and other related materials @:
RIFF - Attn. Fabrizio Ferrari, Piazza Buenos Aires 5, 00198 Roma - Italy