Your twin community sites have now merged into one single url.
Enjoy here the best of both worlds: Portal and Social network for the festival community.
Our mission since 1995 connecting films to festivals and documenting the world of festivals worldwide.
There are currently 0 users and 111 guests online.
Kashish – Mumbai Queer Film Festival 2010 - Call for Entries
CALL FOR ENTRIES
It is time for Mumbai to celebrate with its own queer film festival : Kashish – Mumbai Queer Film Festival to be held April 22nd – 25th, 2010.
The festival, organized by Solaris Pictures and Bombay Dost, intends to showcase and support films with gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender and queer themes, relevant to Indian and Indian Diaspora. It aims to provide filmmakers, artists, activists, media persons and audiences with a space to communicate, share diverse experiences and explore the multiple ways in which 'queer' is interpreted and expressed.
The festival will also include curated packages of international queer films as well as workshops, discussions and a photo exhibition.
We call upon artists and filmmakers, both in India and across the world, to submit shorts, features and documentaries that highlight / focus on gay, lesbian, bisexual, or transgender characters, communities and expressions. We welcome films / videos of any length and in any language made after 2007. All films must be subtitled in English.
Selection will be made by an eminent jury of both film professionals and Indian queer community leaders. There are competitive sections with awards for Best Feature, Best Short and Best Documentary. Distribution deals for short films through Glimz, Sweden and Amazon, North America are also on offer, subject to conditions.
THERE IS NO ENTRY FEE.
* Submissions should be on gay, lesbian, bisexual, queer or transgender themes.
* Submissions should be provided in DVD in either PAL or NTSC format. We preview film entries only on DVD. Please do not send your master tape. Preview DVDs cannot be returned and will form part of festival archives.
* Preview submissions must be labeled with film title, running time, director’s name and full contact information (email address, cell number, postal address)
* Submissions in languages other than English must be subtitled.
* Please include supporting material, such as a brief synopsis and reviews, wherever possible.
Closing date for entries is January 10, 2010. Selected list of films will be announced by Feb 2010.
Entry forms would soon be available on the festival’s official website. In the meanwhile you may write to firstname.lastname@example.org with a synopsis of our film and duration.
Sridhar Rangayan & Vivek Anand - Festival Directors
The Bulletin Board
Follow us on the web:
Useful links for the indies:
> Affiliates and Partners
Partners - commercial links: