Your twin community sites have now merged into one single url.
Enjoy here the best of both worlds: Portal and Social network for the festival community.
Our mission since 1995 connecting films to festivals and documenting the world of festivals worldwide.
There are currently 0 users and 108 guests online.
CAMBOFEST: Film and Video Festival of Cambodia is the first international independent movie festival in Cambodia, established in 2550/2007.
Now in entering our ** 5th ** edition, CAMBOFEST sets a standard for the region byscreening all movies only with permissions from copyright holders.
Features (fiction and documentaries), Shorts, Animation, "Universal Language" (movies with minimal dialogue, Local Showcase/Cambodian Movies, and other special programs.
Find out more at http://www.cambofest.com
ALL THE BEST FROM CAMBOFEST
Film and Video Festival of Cambodia
CAMBOFEST selected for 2nd year to rep Cambodian Films for Asia Pacific Screen Awards (APSA)
*** CamboFest to nominate Cambodian & Cambodia-made/produced films for 2009 Asia Pacific Screen Awards ***
CamboFest was invited by the International Federation of Film Producers Associations (FIAPF) and APSA to submit eligible films from the Cambodia for consideration in the second annual awards, to be held in Queensland, Australia, on November 11.
The agreement between CamboFest and APSA will facilitate long term cultural and creative exchange and development of professional business partnerships; to that end, CamboFest and APSA have collaborated to showcase cinematic achievements from Cambodian filmmakers and industry professionals to an international audience.
CamboFest welcomes further Cambodian (and Cambodian foreign national) film submissions for consideration in both the 2009 edition of CamboFest and the 2009 APSA*; please find more information at http://www.cambofest.com. [*Further eligibility details are below / No submission fee for Cambodian films!]
2008 APSA feature nominees from Cambodia included: "Seasons of Migration" by Sophiline Cheam Shapiro, John Bishop, and John Shapiro; "The Red Sense" by Tim Pek [Winner of the 2008 Grabay Meas "Golden Buffalo" Award.
CONDITIONS OF ELIGIBILITY
First public screening
* Films must have had their first public screening (World Premiere) after August 1, 2008
Eligible public screenings include:
* Cinema/Theatrical release
Nationality / Country of birth
* Films submitted or invited to be considered for the Asia Pacific Screen Awards must have been predominantly created in Cambodia and must reflect the cultural origins of the nominating country or countries in accordance with Section 6.
* The majority of cast/crew must have been born in Cambodia; hold a current passport from a Cambodia; or normally reside in Cambodia. (A point scoring system is outlined in The Test in Section 6 of the Charter Rules and Regulations which pertains to this criteria)
* AT LEAST ONE Producer or Co-Producer must be from Cambodia.
* Feature Films and Children’s Feature Films must be 60 minutes+ in duration.
All films must be presented in their original language and English subtitles are required for all entries not in the English language. All subtitling expenses are to be met by the film’s producer.
Please see http://www.cambofest.com for more information
The Bulletin Board
Follow us on the web:
Useful links for the indies:
> Affiliates and Partners
Partners - commercial links: