Your twin community sites have now merged into one single url.
Enjoy here the best of both worlds: Portal and Social network for the festival community.
Our mission since 1995 connecting films to festivals and documenting the world of festivals worldwide.
There are currently 0 users and 141 guests online.
148 000 subscribers to our newsletter, 380 000 unique visitors per month. Our community was established in 1995 for the film festival professionals, a place to lear, share, siscover, promote and submit film, select film...
Your community: join us and open a profile for free.
The 8th Annual HollyShorts Film Festival
The 8th Annual HollyShorts Film Festival (www.hollyshorts.com) wrapped with a standing room only awards ceremony at Chinese 6 Theatres in Hollywood.
The ceremony was hosted by Amy Paffrath, host of MTV’s Jersey Shore After Hours.
The HollyShorts Best Overall Short Film prize, which wins a $10,000 in post production and finishing services package from Company 3 went to “ASAD”. Director Bryan Buckley was on hand to accept.
The HollyShorts Best Director Award which wins a $10,000 post production and finishing services package from Company 3, went to Grainger David for his short film “The Chair.”
Best Documentary Short went to Stephanie Butler’s “Bo.” The Method Studios Best VFX Award went to “The Wheel” by John Roberts.
The Best Student Short went to Terrence Heuston’s “Maddoggin,” while Igor Aleksov took home the Best International Short prize for “Episodizt.”
Best Animation Short went to“Luminaris” byJuan Pablo Zaramella.
The 8th Annual HollyShorts Film Festival had the most attendance in the festival’s history. Highlights include an opening night ceremony at the history Chinese Theatre that drew nearly 1,000 attendees and fest screenings, panels and post receptions taking place in venues throughout Hollywood during the entire week. The organizers also announced last night that the festival will extend its dates next year from 7 days to 10 days. The 9thAnnual HollyShorts Film Festival will take place August 15-25, 2013.
Submissions begin in December and filmmakers will vie for the festival’s top 2013 prize, two tickets to visit Weta Digital Studios in New Zealand to present their film courtesy of Starnow. Each HollyShorts 2012 winner receives a 1st look distribution deal with the ShortsHD television channel.
HollyShorts 2012 Award winners.
• Jury Honorable mention: “92 Skybox Rookie Card”-Maury Steinman
• Jury honorable mention: “The Queen”- Adam Rose
• HollyShorts/NociCortinfestival Jury Award: “Oroverde”- Piereluigi Ferrandini!
• Best Actor-Robert Chester Smith for “The Hiccup”
• Best Actress – Grace Kaufman for “Buttons in the Ground”
• Best Animation -Luminaris-Juan Pablo Zaramella
• Best Cinematography – “Asternauts-Xiaosu Han, Andreas Thalhammer
• Best Comedy –Love and Germaphobia-Tyler Spindel
• Best Documentary-Bo-Dave Schwep & Kelly McCoy
• Best Editing-Sin Dolor-Joe Greco • Best Horror Fearnet Award -Mo-Don-pae-mil-li (Modern Family)-Kwang Bin Kim
• Best International-Episodizt-Igor Aleksov
• Best Score – Tumbleweed-Edison Jarrin
• Best Narrative – Cherry Waves-Carey Williams • Best Drama -Prora-Stephane Riethauser
• Best Female Director -Noeima-Elayne Blyth
• Best Producer “Atlantis”- Stephanie Scire
• Best Sci Fi -The End-Ted Marcus
• Special Jury Award –Maddoggin-Terrence Heuston
• Best Action-The Crocodile – Steve Acevedo
• Best Student - Dreamland - Special Jury selection - Crazy Beats Strong Every Time- Moon Molson - Best Web Series –Sitting Babies- Cameron Fay
• Showbiz Future Filmmaker Award -Sin Dolor-Joe Greco
• Best Commercial – True Power-Karel van Bellingen
• Best Music Video-Kindness Boomerang-Orly Wahba
• Method Studios Best VFX-The Wheel-John Roberts
• BEST DIRECTOR-“THE CHAIR”- Grainger David
• BEST SHORT FILM “ASAD”-Bryan Buckley
HollyShorts 2012 sponsors include:
The Bulletin Board
Follow us on the web:
Useful links for the indies:
> Affiliates and Partners
Partners - commercial links: